Trip Report: Cape Cod / Martha's Vineyard (Fall Break)

(Word count: 462)

What happened:

  • 2 days in NYC, meeting new people, catching up with old people (young people I've known for a while), partying, and doing everything to excess
  • D3: drive to Falmouth, Cape Cod
  • D4: day trip return ferry to Martha's Vineyard, pet the eff out of some alpacas, and drive top down in a rental jeep (Yes -- Closer style)

Fall Break... a timely 2-day break from school after Week 5 of the Fall Semester. With no class on Monday and Tuesday, Fall Break is essentially a 4-day break, which means a lot in the Northeast Corridor. So many possibilities...

Although I planned on driving through Vermont and on the return journey passing through cranberry bogs opened to the public for educational public, instead I ended up going to NYC (link to meta Trip Report), where I met friends and ... I'm sure you know what I mean. It wasn't the most productive use of my weekend.

Viewsviewsviewsviews

PHD nightclub, classic

supper is a must

she's the one who probably gave me my ticket :'(

it probably has crack in it, that's why it's so good

"practicing my photography", more like creepin' on people



But I turned things around eventually!!!!!



Thankfully, I had a great playlist for this! S/O to Tracy Chen '20...

Image result for capecod
"Provincetown Spit, Cape Cod, Massachusetts"NASA Earth Observatory. Retrieved May 2, 2006.
Cape Cod... where the show Wicked Tuna -- premise: MA fishermen stressin' out in the ocean over these hundreds-of-pounds beast of fish, which they'd be lucky to catch twice a week -- is from, which is honestly one of my favorite reality TV shows to watch. The idea that a fish could be sold for tens of thousands of dollars is something I still find astounding today, even though I've been to Tsukiji Market, Tokyo, where these fish get auctioned and sold off around the world to the best sushi restaurants, some of which I've been to too? I really have to do the fishing part too, then I suppose I've partcipated in all parts of the food chain! (Pun intended)

  • Reminder to self: go tuna fishing in Cape Cod!
Instead, leaving NYC in the afternoon (sigh, hangovers get worse as you get older), I only reached Falmouth in the evening. But Tuesday morning -- the day before the recommencement of school -- I took the ferry to Martha's Vineyard and had a blast... Cue pictures.
  • Quick point of information: you can buy a ferry ticket for your car... which works out at $80? Not too sure, but I paid $20 for my ticket and $80 later to rent a car on the island for 8 hours... had I brought my own car I'd have had access to my drone/camera equipment! Sad.
PICTURES!














No comments:

Post a Comment